Friday, July 10, 2009

Life gets in the way

I've been avoiding writing this blog, and that's because I have to fess up to what I've done...Let me start by saying that my anniversary was on July 3rd and my husband and I were able to get out of town without our two little ones in tow, so I'm sure you can only imagine how my weekend went. Yes, you've guessed it Mexican food, margaritas, cake, margaritas, hot wings, margaritas, pastries, and have I mentioned margaritas? When we returned I just kept going with the "bad" eating and drinking since there was "nothing good" to eat at home. I'm going grocery shopping today so I have no more excuses and getting back on track tomorrow....man, it's really hard getting back on track on a Sat. part of me just wants to say "forget about it" it can wait until Monday...yes, I know a classic saying.

In my defense I did work out one of my two days in San Antonio. I did this really good routine in my room that only involved using a deck of cards that I got from my friend/workout partner Tammy. I thought this would be good to share with anyone that will be living out of a hotel room/not able to get to a gym.

The Workout

Take a deck of cards, and remove the Jokers

Flip 3 cards over and add them up

*All face cards are worth 10 & the ace can either be a 1 or 11*

Do each of the following excercises in order until the deck of cards is gone.

1.) Jumping Squats

2.) Jumping Jacks

3.) Jumping Lunges

4.) High Knees

5.) Mountain Climbers

6.) Butt Kicks

7.) Push Ups

8.) Jumping Jacks

9.) Crunches or Bicycles

I really only missed two days of working out, but I'm terrified to get on the scale. I know I've been bad, but it was my anniversary and the 4th of July weekend, and the week following these events....ugh, I need my motivation back. I told myself that I wasn't going to do what I did, but I did it anyhow. This is "LIFE", as my girlfriend Awbrey (who is a registered dietitian) tells me, and that we just have to suck it up and not get overwhelmed with guilt. So, that's what I'm going to do and per her advice I'm staying off of the scale for 2 weeks. I figure if I'm back to where I started in 2 weeks than it is what it is...and I did enjoy myself, but not enough to make it a habit again.

On a final note I just wanted to mention that it was so much easier for me to eat healthy during the fall and winter. When summer is here I just want to hang out at the lake/our pool, and cookout on the grill and have a couple of margaritas and just have all that summer fun....this is truly the time of year that is a challenge for me...say a prayer for me, because I need it!


Tomorrow is the Summit's RE-GRAND OPENING, be sure to swing in and check out all of the new things going on. Among many of things they are adding new cycling/spin classes, which I'm proud to be a part of. I will be joining my workout partner Tammy this Sat at 10:15am to give a joint spin class, and then will begin giving classes on MWF at 5:00pm....come and join me, I'm really excited about this and wondering how this is going to impact my life (all for the good I hope!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cora!! I can tell already that this blog is going to be a lot of fun...
    Let me confess that spin classes scare the absolute crap out of me. I've heard horror stories of spin classes. Also, I've never been able to make it past the sore butt thing. Does that ever go away? It would be great for me to do and probably easy on my knees. I don't get off work until 5 and I work on the northwest side of Temple, so I wouldn't make it until 5:30 or so. Any chance you'll be doing some later classes? I'd like to meet up with you. I like the step class...I'll be heading back there next week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a mini spin class for newbies like me would be awesome!! I'd love it and would totally go. It would just need to be not tuesday and thursday and sometime after 5:30....I'm demanding aren't I?

    If you want to join us for step tomorrow night at 7:00, I'll be there. Not sure if my friend will make it (she hurt her foot somehow), but my husband should be there.

    I need some cardio before my match this weekend.

    ReplyDelete