Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's Been Awhile

It's been awhile since I've blogged, and of course I have a million excuses (new job, new schools, sickness), but I think everything is starting to level out now....so I'm back. I've been teaching my indoor cycling class MWF at 5pm and I feel that it's going good. I had a full class this past Monday and it's so much more exciting when the room is full. My mom actually takes my class and told me that she "hated" me half way thru the workout, I was so pleased...yes, it's a compliment! This past week and a half has been a real struggle teaching as I've been sick and have not been able to completely shake it. Although, I did learn that I can teach off the bike if needed and it actually allows me to check people's form and make corrections discretely, which is nice. When I think about it I can't believe that I'm instructing because it's not something that I ever thought I would do, but I really enjoy it! I think I get a better workout because I'm pushing myself to push the people taking the class...it's really cool.



Okay, my weights training has taken a backseat again....along with my eating. One would think that when you get a nasty cold that you would stop eating, but no not me...ugh. I got on the scale this morning and I've only lost 1lb since my last post, and I know it's because I've been eating fast food for the past week. I was watching the Biggest Loser last night (thank God it's back on... so motivating) and they were showing how to make several snacks/meals at one time and then package it into separate baggies and put it in the fridge....this is what I need to do. For my job I'm driving from house to house, so what's in between? yes, you guessed it....FAST FOOD. I need to carry a cooler with things that I enjoy eating and that are healthy.



Enough said....I know what it is that I should be doing, but now it's time to make the commitment to do it. I'm going to hold off until next week to get back to lifting weights (still not feeling 100%), and after eating dinner tonight at my mother in law's house (chicken spaghetti and my favorite refrigerator cake) I will be back on track with my eating TOMORROW.

2 comments:

  1. I sure love your posts. SO now I feel like a major loser since you changed jobs and are still making it! I just need to stop feeling sorry for myself and get on the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora I wish you would post more often! I need to get motivated!!

    ReplyDelete