Wednesday, June 17, 2009

YUMMY!






I went into Fuddruckers on Sunday thinking that I would have to eat a “cheat” meal, but I was pleasantly surprised. When I walked in the door there was a sign advertising an ostrich burger. Normally, I think I would have passed it by , but it said something like 40% less fat than chicken and half the calories of a regular burger (don’t quote me because I’m not positive…but you get it, something along those lines). I asked the girl at the register and she promised that it did not taste “gamey”. Boy, was she right, I love ostrich burgers!!! The burger only comes in a ½ pound, so I only ate half, but to anyone that has been eating 96/4 lean beef it is great. As Dr. Seuss would say, “try it, try it and you will see”

The http://www.livestrong.com/ website has been a great tool for me this past week. I forgot how much I love the site. I enjoy watching my pie chart change according to what I eat, and clicking the water jug each time I have 8oz of water (anything to motivate, right?). In the past I would have an “off/cheat” day, and I took it literally…I ate everything I thought about during the week. Needless, to say that the weight came off slow. This week I had 3 “cheats” (2 small fries, and Cici’s pizza), but I had it throughout the week…it was SO much better to spread it out…I felt more “normal”. To wrap it up I still lost 2.5 lbs. I was surprised and pray that it will continue into next week.
Has anyone seen or rode on the new spin bikes at the Summit? OMG they are to die for! I went to class on Sat. and the bike was so smooth, and easy to get a good workout on. I cranked my knob up to what I thought would be an “8”, and I quickly had to turn it down! It was an easy 460 cals in 42 mins…I LOVE SPIN!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks to your suggestion, I've been using LiveStrong for a little more than a week. What a great resource! I didn't even know I could be tracking my water intake there until I read this post.

    Now I just have to go sample some delicious ostrich. Honestly, I've wanted to try one of those things ever since I saw The Swiss Family Robinson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I'm loving this blog! I can tell it's going to keep me motivated- started Weight Watchers again last Friday, so we'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete