Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First Blog


Welcome to my first entry! I decided to go ahead and write about what is plaguing me at the moment, as you have probably already guessed it’s my EATING!! My brain knows that I have to eat right to lose weight, so why over this past month and a half do I keep eating junk? I was following The Eating for Life, by Bill Phillips during my Body for Life Challenge, and now that I’m not officially on a challenge my mind refuses to follow the eating plan…ugh. I really need to get it together. I’ve been working out consistently for the past 2 weeks (I was in a slump for about a month…really inconsistent), and I can really see that my belly has increased in size….GREAT. It is absolutely frustrating because I hate going backwards when I have to work so hard to get any weight off in the first place. So, needless to say I’m having an inner struggle right now. I find that I eat right for the majority of the day, and then I “cheat”, and it is showing. Starting tomorrow I will be entering everything I eat into the LIVESTRONG website (it’s a great site, and really helps you stay accountable for what you do), and logging all of my calories burned for each workout.
FYI: For those of you who do not know me it’s important to stress that I’m not one of the “lucky ones” who can just diet or just exercise to lose weight. I HAVE to do both or nothing changes, and I’m committed to doing it the healthy way (no pills etc). I’ve tried different diets/workout fads and I’m no longer going to put that stress on my body….overall, my goal is be healthier than I was in my early 20’s (wish me luck!)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Fit to Tell. Just know that you've already done the hard part. You've made the commitment to change the way you live.

    I know that you are going to do great. You can rest assured that you've got the support of all of us in the Fit to Tell series, as well as, all of us in the Temple Parks & Leisure Services Department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Cora!

    Lisa Huntington Viele

    ReplyDelete